Weekly Update #10
We're back guys! This week we've worked on a lot of stuff.
Let's start with the juicy bit. A new track was added to our amazing soundtrack! We'll also soon update the soundtrack DLC with all the missing tracks!
Then we have the extra game content: 3 new scripted waves that will make the game more variated and more balanced and a new upgrade, the winner of September's monthly design contest the Mini Me by the user Parbus!
- 1 new Level track added
- 1 new Boss track added
- Weapons, powerups and drones icons have now a small pulsating effect to be easier to spot when on screen
- The Darts Punk now interacts properly with both Rear Shot and Triple Shot chips, more interactions with these chips will be checked in future updates
- Mini me added: it increases the player speed by 30%, while decreasing his attack by 10% and size by 20% making it easier to dodge bullets. A complementary upgrade will be coming soon...
- The Salvager's visual effect has been improved. Also we've lowered the power cap but made it easier to reach
- After hitting a meteorite with the Asteroid Volley it will become immune to player attacks making it deadlier against enemies
- Kamikaze drones now only attack enemies making them more useful
- all Drones range has been slightly buffed
- the Dodge Chip has been reworked and upgraded. Say hi to the new Parry Chip! Instead of blocking a single bullet the chip now makes the player ignore damages for 0.5 seconds when triggering from a bullet hit, making it way more useful! Also we added a visual effect to show the invulnerability duration.
- The Vampire chip's effect wasn't very clear for many users who thought the green particles flying at them were enemy bullets. It has been reworked to only play a small healing particle on the player
Enemies and bosses
- Angry Bones meteorite attack stops his movement for a shorter time
- Quantum Black's charge attack moves a tiiiny bit slower
- 3 new waves
- One of the recently added waves (the one with the mines) has been slightly buffed
- Kinetic lines were added to the player
- Weapon switching SFX's volume has been slightly raised
- The algorithm generating the chips in the shop has been balanced a bit.
- Collecting a new weapon with 2 weapons equipped will now discard the equipped one instead of dropping it
Bugs & typos
- Small bug fixed on the background stars that weren't properly looping after 15+ minutes of playing in the same level
- Fixed a typo in the pause menu in single player
- Fixed some typos in the tutorial
Want to discuss the update with the devs or with other players?
There's a forum just for you!
Are you a videogame journalist, a Steam Curator, a Youtuber or a Twitcher and you want to make a review/video of Black Paradox? We have a Distribute() and a Keymailer account! So contact us there!
There's a lot of stuff this week! And we plan to make future updates have a lot too! We're considering skipping a week to make one big update with a new mechanic or feature at a later time... Stay tuned to know more!
Thanks for reading!
Get Black Paradox
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.